If you are a small business owner with a website, odds are you are trying to get noticed through Google’s search results. As of today, there are many different tactics used to allow local businesses to rank well enough to be seen. However, this isn’t a simple process that happens overnight, and as with most search engines, it requires considerable effort. Google my business, which is a dashboard for managing your business presence on Google, is one of the main pieces that tie into this local SEO process.
You may be wondering why Google My Business is so essential for local SEO. As you continue reading you will understand the importance it plays and how it can grow your businesses online presence considerably, let’s get started!
What Exactly is Google My Business & How Does it Work?
As of today, Google My Business is one of the newest and fastest methods for growing a businesses online presence through an all-in-one Google interface. With the GMB dashboard you are able to do the following:
- Allows you to effectively manage and update all your business information on Google such as addresses, phone number details, opening hours, photos, and more to ensure they are always current.
- Allows both customers and audience to offer very valuable feedback such as Google reviews of your business that will appear directly on your business profile.
- Tracks and provides useful analytics data and insights related to your Google My Business profile.
- Allows you to review and manage metrics and information from your businesses’ YouTube channels and Google Analytics account.
- Allows you to easily start and manage the performance of your Google AdWords Express campaigns.
Additional Benefits to Local Businesses
While any business can benefit from Google My Business regardless of its size or location, companies that serve specific geographic regions or that have a physical location get offered additional benefits. However, to take advantage of these benefits, it’s essential that you go through a Google verification process first. The Google verification is either performed by telephone or by postcard which is sent by Google to the business address you listed on Google My Business. The postcard will have an alphanumerical code that will need to be entered into the Google My Business dashboard to verify the listing.
Once you have completed the verification process, GMB will offer your business the following benefits: